Our name reflects the fact that Vulcanized Fibre has been at the heart of New Process Fibre since our founding in 1927. It is still a significant part of our business today, both in the creation of stamped Vulcanized Fibre components and through the sale of Vulcanized Fibre Sheets, Coils and Roll stock. Vulcanized Fibre is a chemically pure Cellulose material which remains popular due to many valuable attributes.
Standard Colors available are Red, Black, White and Grey. Additional colors available upon request.
Vulcanzied Fibre is available in English and/or Metric Units.
- Great for Gasket Applications
- Restaurant Table Leg Anti Wobble Shim applications
- Fibre Sock Hangers
- Guitar Bobbins
- Custom Tags
- Vulcanized Fibre Sheet Stock
- Electrical Motor Components use - End Laminations
- Used to make Washers and Spacers
- Extensively used for Electrical Insulation Applications
- Non-magnetic and Corrosion Resistant
- Excellent arc resistance
- Resistance to wear and abrasion
- Functional consistency in extreme temperatures
- Machinability without splintering, ripping or cracking
- Resistance to solvents, oils and grease
|General Properties (HB-77)||Thickness||Commercial Grade||Electrical Grade|
|Density (min.)||1/16"||1.15 g/cm3||1.10 g/cm3|
|Tensile Strength||1/16"||13.5 kpsi||0.015" @15 kpsi|
|Flexural Strength||1/16"||20 kpsi||-|
|Compressive Strength||1/16"||35 kpsi||-|
|Izod Impact Strength||1/16"||2.3 ft-lbs./in||-|
|Mullen Burst Strength||0.015"||300 psi||270 psi|
|Dielectric Strength||1/16"||175 volts/mil||300 volts/mil|
|Arc Resistance||1/16"||100 seconds||-|
|UL Flammability||above 0.030"||94HB||94HB|
Data supplied by Toyo Fibre USA, Inc.
Email us your part drawing(s) by clicking the "REQUEST INFORMATION" tab above and complete our on-line form and we will provide you with a detailed quotation.