Vulcanized Fibre is a laminated plastic composed of natural cellulose. Vulcanzied Flat Fibre Washers made from this material is an excellent alternative in many applications. One of the first plastics ever developed. Vulcanized Fibre is a tough, resilient material that is lighter than aluminum, tougher than leather, stiffer than most thermoplastics. Standard Colors available are Red, Black, White and Grey. Other colors are available upon request.
All Washers are available in English and Metric Units.
- Good Impact Resistance
- High Tear Strength and Smooth
- Abrasion Resistant Surface
- Can be punched with excellent results
- Good Arc and Track Resistance
- U.L. 94HB Flammability rating
- Impervious to most organic solvents, oils, and petroleum derivatives
- Vulcanized Fibre Flat Washers
- Vulcanized Fibre is an excellent choice for use in oil
Typical Properties of Vulcanized Fibre
|General Properties (HB-77)||Thickness||Commercial Grade||Electrical Grade|
|Density (min.)||1/16"||1.15 g/cm3||1.10 g/cm3|
|Tensile Strength||1/16"||13.5 kpsi||0.015" @15 kpsi|
|Flexural Strength||1/16"||20 kpsi||-|
|Compressive Strength||1/16"||35 kpsi||-|
|Izod Impact Strength||1/16"||2.3 ft-lbs./in||-|
|Mullen Burst Strength||0.015"||300 psi||270 psi|
|Dielectric Strength||1/16"||175 volts/mil||300 volts/mil|
|Arc Resistance||1/16"||100 seconds||-|
|UL Flammability||above 0.030"||94HB||94HB|
Data Supplied by Toyo Fibre
Email us your part drawing(s) by clicking the "REQUEST INFORMATION" tab above and complete our on-line form and we will provide you with a detailed quotation.